(also known as Compassionate Communication)
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a process that was developed by Marshall Rosenberg, Ph.D. It is more than a communication technique. NVC develops a consciousness that promotes clear communication, deep understanding, and genuine, respectful connection between individuals and teams. The resulting developed attunement decreases unproductive conflict, defensiveness, disengagement, and anger. It has been successfully used throughout the world by educational institutions, business and industry, medical organizations, law enforcement, political organizations, and governmental bodies who enthusiastically receive trainings.
A foundational principle of NVC suggests that anger, argument, judgments, dishonesty, and in fact all forms of disagreement are unskilled expressions of unsatisfied needs. Combative or uncooperative colleagues, clients and family members are simply people frustrated by a need remaining unmet. NVC provides a strategy for establishing a quality of connection and a system in which everyone’s needs are valued and considered.
Nonviolent Communication training has two main goals:
1) To help people develop communication skills for clear and accurate dialogue that is in harmony with everyone involved.
2) To help people develop skills to accurately hear the underlying needs of others even when they express themselves in an aggressive, defensive, angry, or violent manner.
Mary Mackenzie is a certified trainer of Nonviolent Communication and brings 20 years of experience teaching it to individuals, educational institutions, business and industry, social service agencies.
Her menu of trainings focuses on personal and professional development in a variety of areas including, but not limited to the following:
- Individualized Seminars for Organizations ~ Ranging from brief in-service workshops to comprehensive individualized programs, Mary’s trainings are designed to improve communication skills to enhance teamwork among employees, improve customer relations, and efficiency.
- Public Classes, Workshops, and Retreats ~ Mary offers a variety of communication trainings on topics that include Basics of Nonviolent Communication, Conflict Resolution, Transforming Anger, Making Peace with our Negative Self-Talk, Transforming Judgments, Spirituality and many more.
- Consultation ~ Mary offers consultation on a variety of communication issues that affect management, employees or customer service in businesses, healthcare institutions, social service agencies, churches, schools, and other organizations.
Individual Nonviolent Communication Mentoring/Coaching
Mary Mackenzie, is happy to offer individual mentoring/coaching for people who would like to enhance their ability to live the Nonviolent Communication consciousness. Although Mary’s mentoring is tailor-made for each individual, you may expect to achieve the following:
- Greater success in living the Nonviolent Communication (NVC) process on a daily basis
- Enhanced ability to connect with others and yourself with ease and authenticity
- Comprehension of the key differentiations that define an NVC consciousness
- Increased ability to teach Nonviolent Communication to others
- Personal support for troubling issues in your life
Anyone, no matter your current level of Nonviolent Communication training will gain skills to move to the next level of your consciousness through individual sessions. Mentoring/Coaching sessions are scheduled on an individual basis and may be conducted on the phone, video or in person. A lot of flexibility is offered to accommodate individual needs.
Get In Touch