Mission and Purpose
The NVC Academy was established in 2006 by Mary Mackenzie and Mark Schultz. Its mission is to ensure the accessibility of Nonviolent Communication (also known as NVC and Compassionate Communication) training to organizations, groups and individuals worldwide, regardless of the availability of trainers in their immediate geographic region.
Our primary purpose is to serve as the worldwide online classroom for learning Nonviolent Communication. By offering a wide range of high-quality NVC elearning courses, programs and resources we aim to meet the following goals:
- Significantly alleviate the financial and geographic barriers to learning the vital skills of Nonviolent Communication
- Support the financial livelihood of CNVC Certified Trainers worldwide by providing a mechanism for ongoing, NVC training-based revenue.
- Centralize access to a worldwide network of CNVC Certified Trainers.
- Support non-certified NVC trainers and/or CNVC Certified Trainer Candidates in strengthening their ability to teach NVC by providing inexpensive, ongoing train-the-trainer opportunities with the top-rated CNVC Certified Trainers in the world.
- Continually expand the global NVC community to new populations.
- Build direct, personalized connections between trainers and practitioners in a safe learning environment.