Whoosh! That’s how the effects of Covid-19 feel to me right now.
I am in the midst of a flurry of activity: canceling in-person courses and retreats while simultaneously helping NVC trainers from across the world to expand their online training – all in an effort to support our global NVC community.
At this challenging and potentially scary time, I am reminded of something Krishnamurti said to his followers in one of his infamous speeches…
He was responding to the question that was something like, “How do you stay so calm all the time?” His response was (and I paraphrase): “I do not mind what is happening.”
For many years this was my mantra – and sometimes I said over and over in my head (or even out loud during an especially stressful moment): I do not mind what is happening. I do not mind what is happening.
I have been saying it a lot this past two weeks especially.
I hear in Krishnamurti’s statement an invitation to stay awake to what is happening, to feel my feelings, and try not to resist any of it.
With this in mind, I find myself wondering:
- Is it possible for us to tend to what’s needed without focusing our attention on all the reasons it should not be happening?
- Can we mourn the pain and fear we are feeling without blaming or criticizing anyone?
- Can we live in acceptance that this virus has had a huge impact on many of our lives without expending energy wishing it would go away?
Please know that I am not in any way minimizing the impact of Covid-19. Rather, I am trying to minimize the level of fear and angst I create in my response to it.
We all have our own range of emotions related to how Covid-19 is affecting our lives and families.
Know that in this moment I am holding you and me in prayer. If you would like further support, please consider the following opportunities through the NVC Academy:
- Finding Common Ground in Challenging Times,
with David Weinstock ~ begins Monday, April 6th at 11:00am
- The “Let’s Work Collaboratively” Coaching Program,
with Dian Killian ~ begins Wednesday, April 8th at 9:00am
- Taste of Compassionate Leadership,
with Jim Manske, Jori Manske, and guest trainers ~ 4th Saturdays, monthly, at 4:00pm